Fat Tuesdays: Sweet & Spicy Grilled Corn on the Cob


It was never my intention to make it corn week on The Urbane Urbanite.

Although, I could go on and on about that corn chowder soup I had at Butter last weekend.

But today, I'd like to talk about a another tasty maize dish, except this time, I'm the one doing the cooking.

By now, most of you have attended your fair share of cookouts and BBQs.

Are you all chickened out?
Had it up to here with hamburgers and hot dogs?
Tired of eating the same ol' boring ribs?

Well, here's my recipe for Sweet and Spicy Grilled Corn on the Cob.

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes

Ingredients:
Fresh Sweet White Corn on the Cob
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Coarse Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon of Sage
1/4 Teaspoon of Smokey Sweet Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon of Barbeque Seasoning
3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
Peel the husks off the corn.


Soak corn in ice cold water for 20 minutes.


Dump the seasonings into a bowl.  Add olive oil and mix it with the seasonings.


Take the corn out the water and shake off the excess water.
Place corn diagonally on a sheet of aluminum foil and use a basting brush to coat the corn.


Wrap up ends of corns and throw corn on the grill for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to rotate  every 5 minutes or so.


Take the corn off of the grill, open carefully - and voila!: Grilled Corn on the Cob.


Optional: You can also sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on the corn as well.

Have you had grilled corn before?  Isn't it tasty?

Think you'll try this recipe? Let me know how it turns out.

And remember, always feel free to change up the ingredients to include the seasonings that you like.

Enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG. This made my mouth water. I'm overdue for lunch. Will finish stalking your site later.......
Reggie L. said…
Glad I didn't see this earlier today or I would not have been able to concentrate. It looks delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

A Conversation With Dad

Film Review: Red Hook Summer

In The Closet