HELP WANTED: I Need An Intern

I need some help.

In the past two weeks I've:
  • Written seven blog posts.
  • Interviewed 11 people.
  • Turned in four stories to two different national publications.
  • Attended several events including Basseyworld Live (The Tweetup of the Century), a NYC blogger mixer, and a benefit to raise money for underprivileged Black kids to get into reputable universities.
  • Gone to several plays.
  • Reviewed said plays.
  • Thrown shade to a few folks I've grown to dislike.
  • Hung out with my homies.
And that's just the stuff I can remember.

And I've managed to do it all while holding down a fulltime job, working out with my personal trainer, Oscar, twice a week and looking fly.

I told y'all to get used to seeing this pic!

But the truth is: I's tired.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Things are really going well. But all this dopeness over here is a one man operation and I could use a little help.

A few months ago, I asked a friend of mine who teaches high school to ask her students if they would be interested in interning for me. I told her it was an unpaid gig but I would provide them with a food voucher and a per diem of some sort.

They said no!

She said the kids these days are money hungry and that they're not trying to do anything for free.

See. That's the problem with these little ingrates nowadays. They're so busy running around with their pants on the ground and pink wigs on their head trying to be Lil' Wayne and Nicki Minaj that they wouldn't see a good opportunity if it knocked them upside the head.

I get it. I was in high school once. I remember how important it was to keep a little bit of cash in my pocket. But I would have never turned down the opportunity to intern for someone just because they weren't paying.

You cannot put a price on experience and building contacts.

Do you know how many plays I've done for nothing?
How many films I've shot for free just so I could have footage for my reel?

Hmph!

Thing is, if they did an excellent job, I would probably go ahead and pay them anyway. But no, they won't even give me the chance.

I'm by no means a heavyweight in the writing/performance industry but I do have some good contacts and access to opportunities perfect for a young grasshopper looking to get his/her feet wet and learn a thing of two.

Perks for interning for me:
  • I can introduce you to some talented bloggers and editors of reputable magazines.
  • I could drag you along with me to networking events and social mixers (if you live in the NYC area).
  • You could guest blog on my AWARD NOMINATED BLOG.
*Inserts Shameless Plug Here*

Don't forget to vote for THE URBANE URBANITE in the BLOG TO WATCH category on page 5 of the ballot. VOTE HERE. kthx!

  • You'll get a working knowledge of all the hard work that goes into blogging, interviweing and writing stories.
  • You'll have a heads up on your competition and could even include your internship experience in your essays when applying for college. Hell, I could help you with your essays for college.
And the list goes on...

All I would need from you in return is 2-4 hours of your time per week to do online research, draft emails, do a little electronic filing and things of that nature.  And best of all, you can do it from the comfort of your own computer. This internship is a telecommute opportunity.

I'm not asking anyone to walk my dog or pick up my dry cleaning...although that would be nice.

I'm simply looking for a responsible, dependable young lad who can string together sentences and is eager to learn a thing or two about blogging and writing.

Know anyone that fits the bill?

If so, tell them to hit me up with an email of interest at shydeljames@gmail.com.

Oh, and let me give a quick shout out to my boy Jason at Be Prestigious. I'm straight hating on you and your intern situation over there. But I'm coming for you, homie!

Comments

The cardboard sign is the Alpha & The Omega of this post!!! You look so forlorn holding it. Awwww...poor Shydel!

Since I'm the responsible one around here, I've gotta have a paying gig. But I will see if my high schooler is interested.
Urbane Urbanite said…
@The Pretty Brown Girl

Peebz! The emails are pouring in! Who knew folks would wanna work for lil ol' me. LOL

Tell Baby Peebz to hit me up!
Anonymous said…
plz.. the Kids dont understand on the job training. May be you should buy tickets to Trez songs and or Nicki I bet they will work for that! They may work for a Pair of Jordans. Do they even know wat per diem?
I voted but I won't recommend anyone for the job. They refuse to spell in English, which I feel is a critical qualification here.

What do I win??
Drew-Shane said…
must be nice man. good luck on your search. I need to apply!
Urbane Urbanite said…
@Anthony S Jennings
LOL. Thanks for voting Anthony. I think I'll do a giveaway of some sort if I win. Stay tuned!
max said…
So did you ever find an intern?
Urbane Urbanite said…
@max

Hey max!

Yes, I did. Shes the bomb! The truth! The bees knees!

Popular posts from this blog

A Conversation With Dad

Film Review: Red Hook Summer

In The Closet