My Favorite Things: Summer Edition

With Oprah on her way out, it's only right that I step in and start my very own favorite things list.
It's the same set up: I list my favorite clothing, food, games, books and snacks that I couldn't do without this summer.
The only difference is that my list isn't as nice as Oprah's. Or expensive. Or exclusive. And I ain't giving away any of this stuff for free. But aside from all that, it's just Oprah's.
Yes, summer is almost over but I assure you that everything on this list can be used all year long.
Enjoy!
Mini Cooper Clubman

Sir Walter's Red

Oscar The Trainer

Generic Surplus Kicks

I've worn these gray, suede Chucks by Generic Surplus with everything this summer: Shorts. Jeans. Slacks. And I have every intention on rocking them through the fall as well. They are super comfortable and easy on the wallet: They retail for $36 on Gilt.
White Chocolate Lemon Cookies

The joy I feel when I see these cookies in stock at Whole Foods is unexplainable. They're firm but not crunchy. Soft but not mushy, just the way I like them. Who knew lemon and chocolate tastes so good together? Retails for $1.89 per cookie.
Platinum By Aliya S. King

Love. Sex. Deceit. Hoshit. STD's. Groupies. Money. Music. Death. Drugs. Deception. All interwoven into a well-written, thought provoking, layered story. Need I say more? Retails for $16.49 on Amazon.
Just Dance
The biggest guilty pleasure on this list, Just Dance is just fun as hell. The first time I played this was at a friend's summer party. It's not as easy as it looks. About two minutes into "Womanizer," I developed a new found respect for singers like Britney Spears and Janet Jackson who lip synch while they dance. It's hard work! Just Dance for Wii retails for $39.99 at Best Buy.
Gas Grill By Brinkman

Every person needs to experience having a grill in their own backyard, or in my case, on their deck. I opted for the lightweight Brinkman four burner gas grill with the side burner. Cooking on the grill is a quick, easy, fun way to change up your cooking routine and enjoy the great weather at the same time. At least once a week, I'm out on the deck grilling everything from corn and shrimp to burgers and fish. Retails for $149 at Home Depot.
Tide To Go Stick
Tide To Go Stick

I'm clumsy. Always have been. Always will be. This summer, I went to a BBQ and got so excited when I saw the BBQ chicken, that I knocked the serving spoon over and sauce flew all over my clothes. Luckily, the host had his trusty Tide To Go stick available. Why didn't I know about these?! They're ingenious. After a few dabs and a five minute air dry, I was clean and good to go. A definite must-have for your car and bag. Retails for $2.00 and up.
Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade

This right here: The truth! This is my go-to drink when I come home from the gym and need to cool down. I also pour this to have with my dinner when I'm not drinking Sir Walter's Red. The kiwi strawberry flavor is also good. Retails for $2.50 and up.
Fedora

I love fedoras. Period. But this 100% woven paper straw hat from Urban Outfitters is my favorite lid this summer. I love it because it blends brown and black (a combination I don't typically wear) and unlike most fedoras dudes are rocking this summer, it has a feather on the side, which gives it an extra touch of class and elegance. And mostly, it reminds me of my Pop Pop (in the picture on the right). He stayed in a fedora when I was growing up. I'm sure I get it from him. Retails for $36.00
Lafayette from True Blood

Combine anything by Ed Hardey with Paula Abdul's gaudy costume jewelry line and you get Lafayette's wacked out style. Whether he's clad in a bedazzled do-rag and jersey dress or false eyelashes and tunic tops, he is the one to watch on HBO's hit blood sucking series True Blood. Although Nelsan Ellis, the actor behind this gender-bending character, was robbed of an Emmy nomination, he is undoubtedly the fan favorite - and one of my favorite reasons to tune in each and every Sunday this summer. Check HBO for show times.
What do you think of my list?
See anything you'd like to try?
Already addicted to something I mentioned?
Is there something you love that I'm missing out on?
Talk to me.
I'd love to hear from you.
Comments
That is all.
lol
Joyelle
lmfao.
good list.
Kells