By the time my father was 22-years-old, he was married with a three-year-old son and facing 25 years in jail for armed robbery. With most of his decisions marred by drug use, his life quickly spiraled out of control and we never got a chance to develop a real father/son relationship. Now, after 23 months (and one day) of sobriety, Vincent "Butchie" Conover has a new lease on life and appears to have left his demons behind. What's more, the two of us have started to communicate on a regular basis. I've spoken to him more in the last six months than I have my entire life. But with 30 years of catching up to do, I feel like there's still so much I don't know about my father. In an attempt to get to know him better and subsequently give him a chance to tell his side of the story, I asked him a series of questions. We talk about everything from what he likes to eat and what his favorite colors are to his sexuality and why he chose drugs over being a fa...
Comments
You better do big things w/ these vlog entries! :-)