Is My Acting Career Getting a Reboot?

I'm feeling quite actorly this week.
Today, I take new headshots for the first time in five years. My old ones aren't bad, per se.

But it's time for a new look. I may still look the same, but I feel like such a different person now. When I look at these pictures, I don't see myself anymore. I've grown up quite a bit over the last five years. I'm ready to bring some new experiences to the lens. And I'm sure my photographer, Antonio, will capture something special. We've got some fun indoor/outdoor stuff lined up that I'm sure will come out great.
After my photo shoot with Antonio, I will rest up for a bit and then head over to St. Luke's Theatre to perform in Love Me Like This: The Parachute Plays. It's an evening of six staged readings of original one acts to raise awareness for LGBTQ youth. The proceeds go to The Trevor Project.
![]() |
| COME ON BY IF YOU'RE FREE! |
*Zips Lips*
That's all I'm saying!
I had my first rehearsal with the cast this past Saturday; my first rehearsal/acting job since summer 2009. I kind of took a self-imposed hiatus from acting. (I blogged a bit about it last year.) I've auditioned here and there and even booked a few projects, but because of scheduling conflicts and my general disinterest in some of the opportunities, I chose not to accept the parts.
Needless to say, I'm feeling a tad rusty. The folks that I'm working with have already performed this particular show before. I'm replacing someone. So there was very little time for salutations and getting warmed up. I had to jump in with both feet and get to work. I enjoyed myself. And I look forward to performing in front of an audience again.
Then, on Friday night, I have another reading. This one is much more informal, but I'll be reading a new script written by one of my favorite playwrights, Harrison Rivers. I love his work and look forward to the day when I can bring one of his characters to life on stage.
So there you have it. A busy week. New pics. Two readings. And a renewed sense of....thespianship.
Is this a career resurgence? Am I putting my foot back in the game? Who knows? But I'm sure I'll enjoy the ride either way.
Ok. Let me go break a leg or something.
I'll hit y'all up with another post in a couple of days.
Later.

Comments
YES!...i agree, you need to get back into the swing of things!
I need some new stuff to brag about so get back out there and do what you do....just do it better!