The Urbane Urbanite: One Year & 105 Blog Posts Later...


I can't believe it.

A year ago today, I sat down to write my very first blog post: a lengthy review of my experience at a private editor's tasting of an upscale tequila.

When I created this blog, it was never my intention to post this much. I figured I'd pump out a post once or twice a month when I felt like it and that would be that. And here I am a year and 105 blog posts later.

*Pats self on the back*


But I couldn't have done it alone.
  • A big ol' cyber hug to my homie, The Fab Chick. She's the one who convinced me that I had something worth blogging about. Then, she designed my blog and continues to answer coding questions at all hours of the night - and constantly pushes me to take my brand to the next level.
  • A fist pump for my brilliant mentor Aliya S. King for making me a believer in my own writing talents.
  • A huge shout out to my dope intern, Stefanie. She's makes this road a lot easier to travel. 
  • Much love to my friends for pointing out my typos, especially Terence.
  • And I'd be nothing without my loyal readers. Thanks for subscribing, reading, commenting and spreading the word. I heart y'all so much!
*Grabs Kleenex*

Okay.  Now to the good stuff...

Last year, I dedicated an entire post to Franklin Hill Vineyards, a wonderful winery I stumbled upon in Bangor, Pennsylvania last summer.  If you missed the post, you can check it out here.  Their top seller, Sir Walter's Red, even made it onto My Favorite Things list last summer.

To celebrate over 100 blog posts and one year of blogging, the wonderful people at Franklin Hill Vineyard are sponsoring The Urbane Urbanite One Year Later Giveaway!  That's right! They are providing me with three bottles of Sir Walter's Red to give away to you!

Woot! Woot!
Chilled Bottles of Sir Walter's Red
Here's what you've got to do to enter for a chance to win a bottle of my favorite red wine.  It's simple.

Leave a comment on this post.
Be sure to leave your name and your Twitter ID (if you have one).
Be 21 and older.

The winners - whom I will announce next week - will have a bottle of Sir Walter's Red delieverd to their doorstep.

Classy, right?

What's that you say?  You don't like red wine?  Well, I didn't either until I sipped on this crisp, sweet, fruity, palate-friendly Concord table wine. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

For more infomation on Franklin Hills Vineyard and their many savory wine offerings, visit their website: http://www.franklinhillvineyards.com.

Also, don't forget to stay connected and subscribe to The Urbane Urbanite (see: the "stay connected" and "subscribe" labels on the upper right hand side) and LIKE the The Urbane Urbanite Facebook page here to stay up to date on everything going on over here on my little slice of the interwebs.

Thanks again for all the support!

Here's to another year - and one hundred more posts.

Cheers!

Comments

Julio Neira said…
PAT IN THE BACK FROM ME!! HA! CONGRATS CONGRATS! Very proud of all your work, your posts are always great and on point and I truly enjoy reading them.
Keep up the great work!
Julio N.
Shani P said…
Congrats! It doesn't seem like a year yet but I am happy for you and your big accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
teejay_nj said…
Congratulations on achieving this milestone. I'm so proud of your dedication and creativity. Your posts on "cheating" on your barber and the posts about your father's life remain my favorite posts of the past year. I'm looking forward to more great reads from your "first best friend" series and other postings. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the shout.

Terence
Lauren said…
Happy 1st Anniversary UU! "A Conversation with Dad" is my ultimate FAVE post to date. Looking forward to many more posts. Keep up the good work! :)

(I WANT that bottle of Sir Walter's!!!)
Drew-Shane said…
Congrats! I'm very proud of you. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the blog in the future. I'm ready for the next 100 posts.

If I don't win that win, I'll just come take your bottle. Thanks in advance!
DrMPH said…
Congrats on 105 post later! It has been our pleasure to read them. SO thank you!!!

@zoraneale
Anonymous said…
Congratulations from Franklin Hill Vineyards
Yaay!! Congrats on year 1!! Your blog is truly amazing&I look forward to all your future posts. :-)

@BluDissertation
Azure said…
w00t w00t! Mmm...wine. Congrats. :)

Azure
@misscerulean
Karsh said…
Congratulations Shy! It was great meeting again on Friday! (@karsh)
Joyelle said…
Shy boogie CONGRATS!!! *throws confetti* i love this blog and not just because you are my homie, homie. lol.
But seriously I love the variety, the humor and most of all the writing.
Continued Success.
Joyelle
damusicalpoet said…
Love the blog! Keep doing the sneaker reviews for a sneaker head like me!

Ashley
@damusicalpoet
MelissaB said…
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! It's a pleasure to read your blog and get you take on different areas of life. I look forward to many more years and many more postings from you!

-Melissa (@Melis_B)
Wanda R. said…
Congratulations!! So proud as if you were my own. Keep it up with the great, informative blogs. I look forward to reading them every week!

Popular posts from this blog

A Conversation With Dad

Film Review: Red Hook Summer

In The Closet