Fat Tuesdays: Shydel's Spiked Soy Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
On a hot summer day, nothing is better than an ice cold fruit smoothie...laced with Bacardi.
I got this recipe from my homie, Aliya. But I remixed it by substituting regular ice cream with dairy free SO Delicious instead (I'm lactose intolerant) and adding a "splash" of hooch to give it an extra kick.
There are a ton of smoothie recipes out there. But mine is pretty basic compared to others.
Here's how you can enjoy an easy to make, semi-healthy, fruit-filled beverage that will hopefully give you a light buzz to boot!
What You'll Need:

A Blender
1 Frosted Glass
1/2 Cup of Fresh Strawberries
1/2 Cup of Fresh Pineapple Chunks
1/2 Cup of Organic Pineapple Juice
1/2 Cup/2 Scoops of Vanilla Dairy Free Soy Ice Cream
1/2 Ounce of Bacardi
1 Cup of Ice
What to Do:
Cut the leaf off the strawberries and slice each one in half.

Then dump all of your fruit, ice cream and ice into the blender and blend.
While the smoothie is mixing, pour the 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and 1/2 ounce of Bacardi into the blender.

Let blend for about 90 seconds and then stop.
Pour the smoothie into the frosted glass, garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!

The ingredients are completely interchangeable. If you like raspberries instead of strawberries or blueberries instead of pineapples or bananas are more to your thing, by all means, add and substitute accordingly. Not a soy person? Throw in some Breyers instead. Love vodka but not much of a rum fan? Add some Grey Goose to the blender in place of the Bacardi. But if I were you, I'd stick to white liquors. I can't vouch for a shot of Hennessy up in a smoothie. Or if you just want to be a complete killjoy, you can leave out the booze portion of the recipe completely. Hmph.
Got a smoothie recipe you love? Feel free to share your ingredients in the comment section.
If you like this recipe, check out my
Cheers!
--------

Comments